Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sad News...

A boy I grew up with died this morning in a car accident. Our parents were very close friends when we lived in England. In fact, our fathers were very close friends in high school. Both of his parents are from Sesser. Anyway, we all spent a lot of time together when we little kids together in England. Trick-or-treating, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Mother's Day..all of that. Actually, I stayed at their house the night Andrew was born.

My dad woke me up this morning and told me he got a call from Lisa's sister. Lisa is Tyler's mother, and her sister still lives in the area. Actually, her sister dated my dad's twin brother not too long ago, but that is irrelevant. She said that he was coming home (from the movies, maybe?) in poor weather, when the driver lost control around a curve. Tyler was thrown from the car and died later at the Emergency Room.

It is so strange to think about it.. I have only seen him a couple of times since living in England, but I felt like I knew him so well. When we went on vacation in Florida a couple of years ago we went out to dinner with them and around town. (They live in Florida now.) He was so much older, he didn't seem like the same person. I keep picturing the little boy I grew up with.

It is just so sad. The driver wasn't even hurt in the accident. I can't imagine how he must feel. I am guessing that Tyler wasn't wearing his seat belt. This is his senior year; he would have been 18 in February. He had already joined the Air Force for after graduation.

Always, always, always wear your seat belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment