Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Whatever, Alexis...

I love to watch The Martha Stewart Show. Yes, I know, that officially makes me a nerd. I like to watch her organize the linen closet and boil spaghetti to perfection. She also makes funky crafts, like today's napkin Valentine's Day heart rings. It is usually very interesting to watch.

USUALLY.

Sometimes, though, Martha gets a little crazy. Like right now for instance. Right at this minute I am watching Martha make "manure tea." What is manure tea? Basically you take horse crap, put it in a burlap sack, then let it float in a barrel full of water. DISGUSTING! (No..You don't drink it, you just use it to fertilize your plants. It is still gross. Organic, but gross.)

For comic relief, Martha's hateful, witch-of-a-daughter, Alexis, and her friend Jennifer watch old tapes of Martha's show and comment on the stupid segments like "manure tea." At first I HATED this show. I thought, what an ungrateful brat of a daughter! How rude to make fun of your mother on television!

...Then I realized that Martha Stewart produces the show. I finally got around to watching the Intro to the show, too, which explains that the show was Martha's idea. SO NOW, I love the show! Ha! Now that I have Martha's blessing, I feel better watching the show.

Admittedly, some of the segments are impossibly ridiculous. Today I watched a woman teach Martha how to do dishes properly. I've also seen her box up a house plant for travel. And do yoga with a dog.

Really? Are these things necessary? I just don't think so..
Check out the show anyway! It is actually pretty funny! I laugh.

OHH! Speaking of dishes, look at these so so so cute juice glasses my great-grandma Ninny Jo gave me! They are just the cutest! They are tiny little things with seahorses and waves on them. They might be hard to see, but they are just my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment